What is AMACA at USPTO?
◦ AMACA stands for: American Muslim & Arabic Cultural Association
◦ USPTO stands for: United States Patent and Trademark Office
◦ AMACA is an independent registered 501c3 non-profit association which is owned and operated by its members. We are a professional association of USPTO employees who organize and coordinate together to implement the AMACA mission and goals.
◦The USPTO granted AMACA, VEO (Voluntary Employee Organization) status in 2011, and recognizes AMACA as an official affinity group (among the dozen+ affinity groups). This allows AMACA to operate in a limited capacity within the workplace.
About AMACA at USPTO
Previously known as Islamic and Arab American Association (IAAA), we’ve been around since 2001. In 2011, a new organization, AMACA, was formed, officially chartered and granted Volunteer Employee Organization (VEO) status by the USPTO. We were incorporated in 2012 and then granted non-profit 501c3 status thereafter. We are one of the largest USPTO-Affinity Groups with members all over the United States including the Detroit and Dallas Satellite Offices.
Our members make us amongst the most active affinity groups at the PTO. From professional development to mentoring opportunities, AMACA members are always there to help. Amongst its most notable achievements are PTO wide fundraisers for the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), recruiting mentors for the inaugural year of the PTO’s New Examiner Mentoring Program (NEMP), sponsoring and participating in the PTO’s celebration of National Engineers Week (e-Week), host annual Quality Sessions (professional development), and annual Ramadan & Eid celebrations.
AMACA’s activities inside and outside of the workplace:
- Professional Development & Mentoring
- Work-based Social Events
- Support USPTO Affinity Groups & Diversity Goals
- Community Service & Charity
- Support Religious Accommodations Within the Workplace
Organizational Documents: AMACA CHARTER and BYLAWS (updated 2015)
Officers & History: [TBD]
Become A Member: HERE (& member forms)
2018 Board Members
|The AMACA Board comprises:|
|1. Executive Committee (elected)|
|2. At-Large Board Members (appointed)|
|3. Immediate Past President|
|1. The 2018 Executive Committee is made up of:|
|Vice President:||Amr Awad|
|2. The 2018 At-Large Board Members:|
|3. The Immediate Past President:|